Okay, I know that the name of this soup doesn't really make sense...but let me explain. There was a restaurant that had the most delicious cheesy soup. THE MOST DELICIOUS CHEESY SOUP!! Yep, you guessed it... "The Print Shop." So regardless of the silly name, this soup is divine. Trust me that this has to be the BEST cheesy soup EVER! Alysa requests it often.
This past week both my girls have been sick. Alysa made a request to have "her favorite soup." I didn't have all the ingredients to make this soup so I made another cheesy soup found on one of my favorite recipe blog site. She took one bite of that soup and with a bitter look on her face said, "this is not my favorite soup!" So...at 8:15 at night I made a quick run to the store to pick up the needed ingredients to make this exact recipe. (And to restock the cupboard with medication.) When I returned home from the store, I begged and pleaded with Alysa to let me make the soup in the morning, instead of making it that night. After much, much, much begging and pleading she let me go to bed if I promised to make the soup first thing the next morning.
The next morning I made two batches of soup. After the first batch, both girls filled bowls with soup and ate soup while watching their favorite Barbie movie. By the time the second batch was finished, Alysa had finished 3 bowls, and Ainsley was on her second. I froze most of the soup (since we still had left overs from the other cheesy soup recipe).
One recipe makes about 13 cups of soup. This is definitely enough for two meals for my family.
This is a great soup to make on a snowy day, or to help cure sickness at your house. I hope that you enjoy this soup as much as our family does.
Print Shop Cheese Soup
1/2 onion diced
2 carrots diced
1 cup celery diced (about 3 salks)
12 cups water
6 chicken bouillon cubes
1 cup flour
1 pound Velveeta cheese
8 oz jar Cheez Whiz
2 cubes butter or margarine (I use butter)
Melt butter and saute onion in a large pot. Cook onion for 2-3 minutes or until soft. Add carrots and celery and saute for another 2-3 minutes. (While the veggies are cooking, I place my bouillon cubes in 1 cup of warm water and put it in the microwave for one minute to help dissolve.) Add the flour to the butter and veggies. Stir until all the flour is mixed well and cook for 1 minute. Add the water and bouillon to the pot and stir until all the flour is dissolved. Cook for 10 minutes to cook the veggies and slightly thicken the broth. Add cheeses and stir until the cheeses are melted and dissolved.
**If you would like to add additional veggies to the soup, add them just after you add the water and bouillon. Broccoli, spinach, and cubes of potatoes are all nice additions. If you add these other veggies, just make sure they are soft before you add the cheeses. You can also add cooked pieces of chicken if you desire. But this soup really is delicious just as it is!
**If you let this soup simmer on the stove stir very frequently because is burns easily on the bottom.
ENJOY!!
No comments:
Post a Comment