I made these cookies about a month ago and fell in love! The frosting is to die for! My mom thought they were rich and sweet, but Dave, Tana, my Dad and I all loved them! The recipie is adapted from "101 Gourmet Cookies that you'll love" by Wendy Paul. ( They were demonstrated on KSL Studio 5).
Brown Butter Crinkle Cookies
2 sticks of Butter softened
1 cup white sugar
pinch salt
3 egg yolks
1 1/2 tsp Baking soda
1 1/2 tsp Vanilla
2 1/3 cup flour
Beat the sugar and butter, add the egg yolks, salt, then the vanilla and baking soda. Fold in the flour. Stir until combined. Form small balls the size of walnuts, and chill in the fridge for an hour. Remove the dough balls from the fridge and dip the top in white sugar. Press flat with the bottom of a glass, place on ungreased cookie sheet. Bake at 350 fot 8-10 minutes until lightly golden brown. Remove from oven and let stand, then remove and place on cookie rack to cool. Frost with browned butter frosting.
Browned Butter Frosting
1 stick butter
1 tsp vanilla
4 cups powdered sugar
1/2 cup heavy cream, or more for desired consistency
In a small skillet, brown butter over medium heat until brown specks appear. Butter will become foamy, stir to make sure the butter cooks evenly. Remove from heat and cool for a few minutes. Then add vanilla, powdered sugar and heavy cream. Beat to desired consistency and frost cookies!
Wow, these are so delicious! I just beat my frosting with a whisk in the same pan that I melted the butter, that worked great. ( I only have a Kitchen-aide mixer, so I didn't want to haul it out for a few minutes of whipping). Enjoy!
No comments:
Post a Comment