Friday, December 3, 2010

Almond Nutmeg Truffles

These truffles are great. I had them at a neighborhood gathering and requested the recipe. Growing up with our grandma, we have learned to love "almond extract flavoring" since she puts it in many of her recipes. When you bite into these truffles it will remind you of GRANDMA!

1 pound white chocolate
4 oz cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup powdered sugar
1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
1/4 tsp almond extract

Melt 8 oz of chocolate in a small bowl and set aside. Beat softened cream cheese, powdered sugar, nutmeg, and extract. Add melted chocolate and mix until well blended. Refrigerate for four hours, or until firm. Shape into balls, (about 1/2 tablespoon each), refrigerate again. Divide into two batches. This will help keep the truffles cold in the fridge. Melt 4 oz of chocolate for the first batch. With a fork, dip one ball at a time into the chocolate, and set on parchment or waxed paper. Refrigerate until firm. Enjoy! -Natalie-

1 comment:

  1. Yay! Thanks for posting Natalie! You are right about Almond flavoring! I love it because Grandma puts it in everything! I will have to try this out!

    ReplyDelete