I guess I should start contributing to this grand ol cooking blog. Being that I am a cousin and all.This recipe I got from Martha Stewart's Everyday food magazine... which I HIGHLY recommend! It is chuck full of great recipes.
• 1 cup rice (brown or white)
• 1 TB cornstarch
• 1/4 c sugar
• 1/4 c soy sauce
• 1/4 c white vinegar
• 1 TB vegetable oil
• 1 1/4 lbs boneless skinless chicken breast cut into 1-inch pieces.
• 2 bell peppers (any color) seeded and diced large
• 1/2 pound green beans, trimmed and halved
• 5 green onions thinly sliced
• fresh ginger (I buy the fresh ginger in a tube in the produce area, I used about a 1/2 tsp.)
• 3 garlic cloves, minced
• 2 TB chopped roasted peanuts (optional)
WHAT TO DO:
1. Cook rice according to package instructions. Meanwhile, in a small bowl or measuring cup whisk together cornstarch, sugar, soy sauce, and vinegar. Set aside.
2. In a large skillet or wok, heat oil over high. Add chicken, bell peppers, and green beans and cook, stirring frequently, until vegetables begin to soften, about 5 mins. Add green onions, ginger, and garlic and cook stirring frequently, until chicken is cooked through and vegetables are tender, about 4 mins.
3. Whisk soy sauce mixture, add to skillet, and cook, stirring constantly, until sauce thickens, about 3 mins. Remove from heat. Fluff rice with a fork. Spoon mixture over rice and top with peanuts if desired.
This recipe is really easy and healthy. Also, the ginger and garlic give it an authentic Chinese take-out taste. ENJOY!
No comments:
Post a Comment